Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #190

<<
 I was just wondering what the best way to start a Java Fern was?  The plant
 I recently bought looked good however the roots appeared a very dark brown.
 I read on Tropicas site that it was best to plant them in the substrate for
 a while until newer roots formed.  After this you should attach them to a
 piece of wood etc...  I was just wondering what I should do?  I have grown
 many othr plants sucessfully in this tank, but never a Java fern.

 Couch >>
attach it directly to the drift wood or rock don't worry about planting it.
The roots are brown because that is how they are supposed to be.

Capt'n PATS