Re: TMG substitute?

>Subject: Re: TMG substitute?
>
>And boron ! I use similar stuff in my PMDD and I do add boric acid to it.
>
>- -Ivo Busko

Ivo,

How much boric acid do you add?  I use just a tiny pinch per 200ml of water
of the PMDD solution.  Is that too little?  What's the right proportion?

By the way, I have found a nice solution to the problem of my coarse K2S04
having a hard time dissolving and coming out of solution.  Now I put a half
teaspoon of this gravel-like K2SO4 in a mesh bag, wrap it up in filter
floss, and stick it into my filter.  It dissolves slowly and nicely, and is
gone by the time I clean my filter again (every two weeks).  I didn't use
to clean my filter so often, but the new Fluval x04 series is just so easy
to clean that I can't pass it up whenever I do a water change.

Hoa