Filter Media?

I was just wondering what I should use as far as filter media goes.  I've
read on many posts that carbon based media tends to suck up some of the
nutrients I add.  Currently I dose my tank with a combo of Flourish and
Flourish Iron along with some Flourish tabs for the substrate.  I was just
wondering what the best filter media would be for my tank.  I use DIY CO2
injection at a pretty decent rate because of my reactor.  Basically, what is
the best filter media for my Fluval canister media.  Initially I had the
Fluval in combination with a powerhead with attached filter but removed it
because of surface agitation.  Currently I have just the Fluval. What is the
best filter media? Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Couch