Trouble growing Vallisneria and Sagittaria

I have been having trouble growing Vallisneria and Sagittaria in my 90
gallon tank with PH, KH, GH, and temperature all within specifications for
these plants.  Other conditions include DI water; CO2 high high pressure
injection; Flourish, Flourish Iron and Flourish Tabs-all used per
instructions; 3-6 inches of substrate consisting of 50% fluorite and 50%
sand; phosphate undetectable; two 48" Vita-lite tubes, one 48" Triton,
running 10-11 hours per day.  I have Echinodorus, Cryptocoryne, and
Hygrophilia growing so well that I have to prune them back every couple of
weeks.   Yet the Vallisneria (gigantea) and Sagittaria (platyphylla) look
continually sick.  When I first put them in the tank, they thrived.  I had
Vallisneria putting out leaves at least 30 inches long.   Now both the
Vallisneria and Sagittaria leaves are continually yellow to brown, with the
Val. leaves, especially, shredding at the ends.  I have been thinking that
this is a potassium problem; I have on backorder a couple bottles of
Flourish Potassium.  Anyone have any other thoughts as to what might be
wrong or suggestions concerning what to do?  Thanks!

Neil Anderson

Dr. Neil D. Anderson
Asbury College
Dept. of Bible and Theology