Re: Red vs Blue Lighting

Hello,

Red makes plants grow up, blue light makes plants grow bushy.  It is possible
that you have a different species of Vallisineria, as there are many.
Possibly it is a contortion val or an Italian val, but I don't think either
of those is supposed to get to 42 inches!  How many bulbs are there on your
tank?  Plants need that red spectrum, so possibly instead of replacing it
with a blue one, could you just add a blue one?  On my tank, I have two
reddish bulbs and two "50/50" (half actinic) bulbs that give out a small
amount of blue light.
~Katie