aquarium laser lights

I was shopping in my local meijer, browsing the pet department when I saw
this prodcut.  AQUARIUM LASER SYSTEM $52.99: Safe for salt and fresh water
fish, Improves fish color, increases plant growth, Increases life span of
fish, purifies fish water, increases disease resistence, speeds up growth of
fish, fry, and eggs.  This product (a small laser light mounted in the tank
on the gravel) claims all of these things.  Has anyone ever used this
before?  It sounds like a miracle cure for all that ails ya.  Is it a bunch
of "hooey"?