Re: Tritons Part Deaux

Ivo wrote:
<<The Triton is also bluer (20% more PAR photons in
between 400 and 500 nm)>>

Whoaaa... Most of that went right over my head. But I was able to pick up
that they're not alike since Triton's are bluer and FS are redder.

<<And why a tube made by Thorn/EMI for Interpet in the UK would be
re-marketed
by a competitor, GE ?>>

True.

<<Unless the
GE bulb you got is already used and dropped in intensity.>>

I guess I was assuming that since Triton tubes only lose 10% of their output
then that means that there won't be a huge difference when I put in the new
C50 compared to the old "re-labeled Triton" aka GE FS.

Bob D wrote:
<<And the tubes that came with my ALL-Glass hood were in no way Tritons.  Too
much red, not enough brightness.>>

That's what I'm thinking too. But I just wanted to make sure. Thanks everyone
for your replies. I've decided to exchange my no-good Triton tube at my LFS
and I should get a replacement tomorrow.

Don