Perfect-A-Lamp or Tri-phosphor???

Continuing my search for the best 36" flourescent tube for my 46 gallon
planted tank, I've been told by a local cichlid breeder and experienced LFS
owner the following: "Don't replace the Perfect-A-Light with a tri-phosphor.
The Perfect-a-Light is a great bulb for enhancing the fish's color." Well,
if I get a tri-phosphor it'll either be a Triton or Ultra Tri-Lux. That, or
a Perfect-A-Light. There isn't any info on Perfect-A-Lights in the
archives... anybody know any reviews or spectral photographs of these bulbs?
thanks everybody.