Re: Tritons

Don writes:

> Is anyone here using a Triton tube in an All-Glass double fluorescent tube
>  striplight? I bought a Triton tube yesterday and tried to use the tube
today

>  in the striplight but the Triton wouldn't burn. I've heard that some
> ballasts
>  can't burn Tritons and I was wondering if the ballast that comes with the
>  striplight is one of those. Is it possible that the Triton tube has been
in
>  the shelf too long and won't light anymore? Hopefully that's the case and
>  could just exchange the tube for another one. TIA for any help given!

They work in my double 36" fixture.  A trick I learned at the lighting store
is to grab the bulb at one end and swing it swiftly up and down for about
fifteen seconds.  Make sure you give yourself plenty of room and miss both
floor and ceiling.  It seems to shake up the phosphors or something.

Bob Dixon