Flowering Banana plant!

One of my Banana plants has started to flower.  Up until now, I had
successfully propagates the plant by cutting the runners of the floating
leaves, and letting the leaf float until roots formed at the cut end of the
attached runner.    Last week, I started seeing odd looking lumps in some
new runners heading to the surface.  The regular floating leaves formed,
but now the lump has started to sprout!

Pictures are available at:
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua on the Flora page.

I'm not positive if this is a flower, or some other interesting feature of
Nyphoides aquatica.  Can anyone give any info about this?  Is this going
to produce a new "banana bunch"?