ATS

Quoth Aquatic Plants Digest regarding Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #164:

> I have a tough time imagining how the plants can complete with the
> algae without the algae also competing with the plants.  It takes two
> to make a competition.

It is simply a question of which is the bettoer competitor.

> Plants by themselves do a fabulous job on water quality without extra
> equipment and maintenance.  Algal scrubbers may be great for a
> non-planted tank but they don't do anything for a planted tank that
> the plants themselves can't do.

Well, the reverse lighting cycle of the ATS is an important factor
which most people overlook.  It allows for maximum O2 saturation
during the "night" cycle of the main tank.  Also, you can export
nutients by havesting the algae.

> The vendor is a biased source of information.

Agreed.  Seeing is believing!  I have seen, and I believe.  How
blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe?

Prost,

Martin
------
"Cry to it, nuncle. as the cockney did to the eels when she put
'em i' the paste alive; she knapped 'em o' the coxcombs with a
stick, and cried 'Down wantons, down!'"