potassium ?

BErney1014 at aol_com wrote:

> How do I determine if I need potassium? I can't find a test kit.

You DO need potassium (K) and you DON'T need to test for it!  Aquatic plants
make good use of K, and often develop holes in their leaves when it's
missing.  The good news is it's easy to supplement (K2SO4 if all you're
interested in is K; KNO3 if you wish to add nitrate at the same time) and
you won't have to worry about overdosing.  My 50 fast-growing gallon tank
gets just under a teaspoon of KNO3 each week spread out over three doses.  A
friend tested it for K several weeks ago with an expensive test kit and
found close to 40ppm with no ill effects.

michael rubin
michael at rubinworld_com
http://www.rubinworld.com