Snails

Anyone had problems with mystery snails eating java moss or Val.?
Actually I'm not sure if the Val is Val or not. My plant IDing abilities
are not that great. It is a very thin <1/4 wide, about 12 inch long
leaves. Looks like grass but appears to be a dicot. Found this stuff on
the banks of a river after last falls turnover. Mystery snails devoured
this stuff and are slowly munching the java moss to near extinction.
Also, if anyone in upstate NY with some MT snails to spare please let me
know. Unless of course they also like to eat java moss.
--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
By the beans of java my thoughts acquire speed

LINUX: because where I want to go today; Micro$oft can't take me.