Re: Arizona Aquatic Gardens

Sylvia writes:

> I've noticed recently that AAG has some plants that I've been waiting for.
>  The problem is, I along with some others apparently have had some minor
>  problems with their shipping/plant quality. I'm really leaning toward
giving

>  them a shot anyway, because I can't find these plants anywhere else.
>
>  Does anyone have any input, or recent experiences to share, positive or
>  negative?

AAG grows their plants outdoors.  It has been my expeience that during the
colder winter months, they tend to run out of stock, but in the summer, they
never get a complaint.  They ship USPS Priority mail, and always send it out
on Fridays.  That means it is in transit three days, arriving on Monday.
They pack in the traditiona fashion, using newspaper and plastic bags.  I
haven't had any quality problems, only problems getting everything I ordered.
 In the last year or so, they have been posting availabilities on their web
site, so I would expect shortage issues to be under control.  I continue to
order from them.  The only thing they could do better IMHO is to label each
plant so neophytes know for sure which one is which.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com