Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #147

Yes,this will work fine too. Sponges can clog but your plants will send
roots all over first likely solving this issue. If you turn down the flow
your sand will not be "blown away".

If I can turn down the flow enough were the laterite "Dust" is not all blown
away surly you can without blowing away your sand! How much flow you put in
there is up to you!

I can't really suggest a air powered device for a plant tank though as they
tend to remove CO2 but this could be set up using a powerhead or a splice
off a canister filter etc.
Regards,
Tom Barr