Re: Solar Still

Matt writes:

> Yeah, but I think I'm going to need a wee bit more flow than a life boat
>  still.  I would like to produce enough to do the water changes on my 2.5g,
>  my 55g, and when I get it set up, my 125g.  When I think about it, that's a
>  lot of water!  That's why I'd like to DIY this one, so as I could save cash
>  and make it the size I need.  Any design ideas?

Get a big sheet of clear plastic.  Suspend it by the corners and toss a rock
in the center.  Wet the ground under it and put a bowl under the low spot
benath the rock.  That's all there is to it.  You need to refine it to your
own needs and cicumstances, and you probably need to put a valid "ground".
You could for example build a large plexiglas box and cover the bottom with
fiberglass insulation.  Soak the insulation, and cover the whole thing with
the plastic sheet.  Or maybe you could use a kiddie pool.  Get creative.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com