Weird behavior from my SAEs

Hi All

I have a 15 gal planted tank with only 2 SAEs in them, and this morning I
noticed that they were all over each other!  They seem to be lie side by
side or over and under and biting each other then take a break then start
over.  The seem to like doing this facing the out flow of the filter.  The
nipping is quite bad.  In fact the dark stripe down the lateral line looks
like it is missing quite a few scales on both fish?

I wondered if they were mating, but these fish are just 2 inches at
most!  Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Should I separate them?

Alfred
In sunny Singapore - if it's not raining!

Visit my humble fish site: http://members.delphi.com/alheng