Re: Daphnia

In a message dated 3/1/00 3:55:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dwight writes:

<< I have looked about the net with no luck in finding:

 1.  A daphnia mail-order outfit  and
 2.  Breeeding insriuctions.

 Anyone have some info, I'd be thankfull!  >>

    I have used LFS Cultures to get daphnia and scuds.  Instruction sheets
were sent with them.  They also offer wingless fruit flies, which my hatchet
fish are supposed to love.   www.lfscultures.com. You will find more live
fish foods than you knew existed.
    I should mention there is a list dedicated to raising your own live
foods.  It has been quiet lately but sees flurries of activity.  Plenty of
instructions in archives.

To unsubscribe from live-foods, send the command:
    unsubscribe live-foods
in the body of a message to "Majordomo at ActWin_com".  Archives are
available on the web at http://www.actwin.com/fish/live-foods
or via FTP to ftp.actwin.com in /pub/aquaria/live-foods.

    Good luck
    Pierre Gagne
    Kensington, MD