Re: CO2 equipment

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:08:28 -0500 (EST)
> From: busko at stsci_edu (Ivo Busko)
> Subject: Re:  CO2 equipment
>
> Since some people mentioned "medical grade" CO2 in past messages, I got
> curious: what is the difference between the different grades ? Would the
> experts care to comment ?

Years ago, CO2 was a major byproduct of the manufacture of ammonia for
fertilizer. The stuff, whether as dry ice or pressurized gas, stank of
ammonia.

I haven't encountered that in years, but your nose would be an excellent
guide.

Other than that, the two grades I'm familiar with tend to come from the same
tanks. Those are welding and food grade. I think both are very free of
moisture and other possible vent-blockers.

Anyone know more?

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.