Shop Lights

Hello

        I am trying to get more lighting for my plants.  The aquarium is in
my girlfriends apartment, and I want to avoid hanging anything from the high
ceilings.  Is is safe for  a shop light to sit on the glass covering of the
aquarium?  The single strip light which is on there now has the balast down
the electrical cord so it sits on the floor.  Am I able to do the same with
the balast from the shoplight?  The shoplight seemed to weigh about 15lbs.
Which made me wonder about structural stress.
        All comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason Papich
jwpapich at air_on.ca