Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #120

Jon Wilson wrote:

>Basically, I guess this has taught me that SAEs not only jump well, they
>land in low probability areas.

I regularly hear the thump/splash of a SAE bouncing himself off the cover glass
of my tank.  My bristlenose does it now and then as well, but typically only after
the lights are off.

Not only do SAEs jump, but they can *move* on carpeted floors.  A few weeks ago,
I lifted the glass cover to feed the fish.  Something big flew out of the tank, hit my
hand, then landed on the floor.  I looked down to see my biggest SAE flopping wildly
across the floor.

They're pretty slippery, too, if you've ever tried to barehand one.  But I got him back
in the tank, no harm done.

David Ozenne
Fremont, CA