Eheim Media for Plants?

I'm currently using Bio material, filter floss, "Chemi-Pure", activated
carbon, then a polyester (fluffy) filter material (in that order) in my
Eheim 2213 connected to my 46 gallon tank. What materials should I have in
it if I want plants in nutrient-rich water with a pH of ~6 and softness? My
current pH is 6.4 (I've got driftwood in tank). My tap water is hard and pH
~7.2. Should I put peat in the filter? Should I take out the activated
carbon because it gets rid of nutrients??? Please help.