Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #116

I have 6 3-4" discus in a 58 gallon planted tank.  Two of the discus look
rather emaciated and eat poorly (they also tend to get bullied by the other
fish), and I have noticed at least one of them with distinct long white
stringy feces.  I presume a metro treatment for intestinal flagellates is in
order (including raising the water temp to 93 degrees or higher). My question
is, will this damage (?kill) my plants?  I have crypt wenditii (several
varieties), crypt retrospiralis, java fern, and isoetes lacustris.  The
plants are doing well, and I would hate to see them suffer.  Any help/advise
would be sincerely appreciated. Linc Duffy. Pleasant Valley, NY