Re: Bio-Wheels

>From: Stephen Boulet <stepheb at comm_mot.com>
>Subject: Re:
>
>The other side of it is how efficient the biowheels are at nitrate
>removal. Looks like I might have to invest in a nitrate test kit.

Biowheels, as all other filters, do NOT remove nitrate.  They all convert
ammonia TO nitrate.

>Can someone recommend:
>1) a nitrate test kit, and

I have an Aquarium Pharm. Dry-Tab nitrate kit, and it's useless for the low
levels of nitrate that we are shooting for.  I think Chuck Gadd uses a Red
Sea nitrate kit and he's happy with it.

>2) a source for supplemental nitrate (does Seachem flourish provide this?)

Seachem Flourish does not contain nitrate.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/