High pH and PEAT

I think that I may need to lower the pH in my 75 gal tank.
My tap water is 7, but if I aerate it overnight in a glass container, it
pops-up to 8.2.  Chuck Gadd suggests that there may be lots of CO2 in my tap
water that, when dissipated, leave behind the alkaline water.
Running my CO2 system at 3 bubbles per second, the pH drops to 7.2 to 7.4.
I have ordered a CO2 test kit, but have not received it yet.
KH:    5
GH:    8
I have two Magnum 350's on my tank ... I could conveniently fill one of them
with PEAT ... is that needed, or will it help?
Tom