malaysian trumpet snails

> Subject: malaysian trumpet snails
> > >Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:12:47 -0600
> >From: Clay Berry <clay at cybertron_com>
> >Subject: Malaysian Trumpet Snails
> >
> >Does anyone out there know of a good method for removing Malaysian
> >Trumpet snails, I seem to have quite the overpopulation happening.  I
> >really don't want to add any Clown Loaches to get rid of the snails, I
> >would appreciate any help you could give me.
> >Thanks,
> >Clay Berry

When I want to st ock a new tank with some snails I drop a slice of cucumber
or zuchini into the tank with the snails. Within 10 minutes it looks like
every snail in the tank is 'grazing' on the slice. Then I use a net to scoop
up both the zuchini and the snails. It seems like this method would work to
clean most of the snails in a tank if done enough times. Of course you would
only get the snails that like their vegetables ;-).

Paul Pacelli
in sometimes sunny San Diego