Fluval 404 MSF problems

I had the same problem with my new 404. Do not go to your place of purchase
to deal with this. Included with each filter is a small piece of paper with
the Hagen Customer Service telephone #. FYI it is 1 800 724 2436. Hours are:
9am-4pm est. I called them and was informed that the plastic impeller cover
on some of the filters will shrink, causing the shaft to seize. They mailed
me out a new impeller, shaft and cover right away. They also extended the
warranty on my filter to 3 years. Great customer service. The filter has
performed flawlessly since. No proof of purchase was needed. Just call them.
Dave