Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:54:57 -0000
From: "Phil Barber" <phil at barber60_freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: To add or not to add

Hi Glen

When I did my research into which tank to get the smallest Juwel tank that
will take extra lighting units was the 300 lt so thats what I got.  The 180
lt at 40 cm is too narrow to take 2 standard units so you may have to do a
DIY job.  Mine has been set about 8 weeks and did really well at first but
has now slowed and some algae is now developing due it seems to low nitrate
(!*?).  I use my London tap water (20 to 30 mg/lt NO3) to mineralise rain
water.  Extra lights + slower plants might be a defense against excessive
nutrient consumption.

Any way good luck... Perhaps we could form the London chapter of the
Oklahoma/Florida  Plant club : )

Phil in Croydon