Re Re: The South Left out

. I just reread your post and Karen despite being
"famous" does not have a lot of time in her busy life life to be at the
monthly meetings all the time and she is just another person in these parts!
Right, Karen!! :-)

The organizing is done by a lot of work from many dedicated people. Not just
one person acting like a "magnet" .

I helped start a local chapter of the Discus Study Group and with 15 to 20
people meeting
once a month and holding auctions at the meeting, of livestock and drygoods,
we were able to raise enough funds in 7 months to fly in a guest speaker. So
you do not need a hugh organization to have a function. I was a part of the

I got my experience by doing. Call your friends and start at the kitchen
table one day a month and before you know it you might have to get a meeting
room and it grows if you make it interesting. Have a slide show of members
tanks,
 Go on a field trip to a fish farm, or plant farm. Just think of what
you like to do and expand on it. That is how it is done.

Good Luck,
Bill