Proper lighting for a 120gallon?? Anyone have an opinion? :)

I am in the process of trying to determine what sort of lighting to put over
my 120gal.   My plan is for an 'almost optimum aquarium' -- e.g.  no heating
cables, but will have co2 and plenty of lights.   It seems easy to find info
on Co2 requirements, etc.  but lighting appears to be less straight forward.
So... my question is what is the suggested lighting for this size tank.
Dimensions are 4'L x 2'W x 2'H.  I am assuming metal halides (x2) with remote
magnetic ballast and spider reflectors  but what wattage is unclear.  Money
is not the issue with the halides (all wattages are of similar cost).   Would
like to hear opinions from those with similar setups who have had good
success.

Thanks,
Will Kimbro