Re: Riccia

In a message dated 2/11/00 12:53:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< >>The worst thing happens when your Riccia starts to mutate (see the
 similarities?) Some of the Riccia will turn a horrible dark green. This kind
 of Riccia will not float. Neither will it bubble. It will just look ugly.<<

 I have been growing Riccia for 5 years and never seen this happen. Maybe you
 got a little java moss mixed up with your Riccia!

 Robert Paul H
 http://www.aquabotanic.com

I just ran out of CO2 last week and didn't get anymore for about a week and
that's exactly what happened. Some of it bubbled and some of it turned
brownish green and didn't bubble, it just looked ugly. I got a refill and
everythings bright green now. Maybe you're not dosing enough CO2 or not
meeting some other condition. Dosing KNO3 seems to help because the riccia
seems to eat it up super fast.

dan p