Re: Fluoro bulbs

>From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
>Subject: Fluoro bulbs
>
> >Hi all,
> >      It's time to change my bulbs again and I was wondering if anyone has
> >a combination that they're willing to recommend. I had 3 GE Chroma 50's but
> >felt that the tank was a little too pink. I have also had bulbs that made
> >it seem too yellow or too blue. What are some good combos? And, what about
> >mixing a cool white in with other more specialized bulbs? Has anyone tried
> >anything like this? Thank you all.
>
>Something is wrong here. Chroma 50's look blueish, Wide spectrum Goir Lux
>look pink.

To my eyes, Chroma 50's has a warm cast (yellowish, according to the
comparison chart on my web site).

As to the original question, I always recommend the Penn Plax Ultra Tri Lux
for a "pure white" look.  Richard, you said that Penn Plax bulbs are
probably some other bulbs repackaged.  Have you seen the Ultra Tri Lux?  I
haven't seen any bulb like it under any other label.  It's made in Japan.

Hoa
Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/