C50 vs. Vita lites

>> Use the Vita lite brands. Pricy but great, better reviews than URI. 10K
>> bulbs don't do well for plants BTW. Color looks nice though. You'd be better
>> off going lower than higher in color temp or a mix but there aren't that
>> many commercial choices with VHO's. Vita's are the best for plants IMO.
>
>I was not aware that Vitalite had a 60" tube. Can you tell me where you
have seen them, or where I can get more info on them. The kit I plan on
purchasing does not offer option of any other tubes, beside the URI. So I
guess I will have to take the good with the bad. 10,000K , that is high,
yes. I have heard that Tritons are good tubes and they have a rating of 10,000K?

The difference between the $27 Vita Lites and the $8 GE Chroma 50
is so small it's not worth bothering about.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719