Re: Snail die off

Hello all,
I have been following posts about snail die off related to CO2 addition.  I
too have noticed this in my 55 gallon.  I also have observed that the snail's
shells turn whitish before they finally succumb, leading me to believe the
CO2s tendency to lower the water's pH results in shell calcium depletion.
Don't know if this is correct but there does seem to be an association with
the addition of CO2.  I'm sure the APD experts will offer more conclusive
insight.
Eric