Co2 problems

Hi, thanks to all who answered my previous problem regarding Ph and Co2.
Your answers raised a lot of questions which I was not sure of. However,
after several more tests, some of my problems still exist.  My Ph now is in
the range I want, but the Co2 is still way too high.  In my first post, I
neglected to say that I have well water with a Ph of 6.5, a Kh of 3 degrees
hardness and a Co2 reading of 75 parts per million according to a LaMott test
kit.  And, yes, that combination does do a number on my copper pipes. The Ph
in my 70 gallon tank is now 6.6, the Kh is 4 degrees hardness, and the Co2 is
so high I stopped adding reagent after 150 parts per million.According to the
chart on the krib, my Co2 reading should be about 30 parts per million.  I
have 3 neons, 3 checker barbs, 3 ottos, and 2 pearl gouramies which are doing
fine.  Plants are growing well also,  but this morning I added a pair of blue
rams which immediatly went to top gasping for air.  Had to remove them to
another tank for fear of  killing them.  Can anybody please tell me WHY IS MY
CO2 SO HIGH AND WHY MY NUMBERS DO NOT CORRELATE WITH THE CHART NUMBERS?  I
only add one bubble per second of compressed Co2.  Thanks, Frank - West
Chester, PA.