GH/KH questions

I was looking at some messages on The Krib, and noticed a breakdown of
GH readings, and was surpised that my 7 degrees GH is considered soft.

My GH is 7 degrees, and my KH is 3 degrees.   Is there any reason for me
to mess with the hardness?     I'm keeping mostly rainbows, with a variety
of algae eaters and assorted catfish roaming the bottom.

I thought that my hardness was increasing, but either is was simply due
to skipping a water change, or maybe I screwed up the test.  I do get
a lot of evaporation, which I believe can result in increasing hardness
if water changes aren't done.

--
Chuck Gadd