Tetra initial sticks

I though I would share what I learned about these tetra initial sticks with
the list.

One, don't use these guys with sand, when you vacuum the sand the sticks
float to the top of the sand and make a terrific cloud.
Two, I you use them do what Wade suggested and seal it with a bunch of gravel.
Three, if they do float to the top of the sand you can carefully push them
back down, careful because they are very soft and break apart easily.

On the plus side the hornwort is doing well, not to much fall out from the
shock of going into a cold tank (70F) . But that could be the cypto tabs.
I need to go to the faq's for a small foreground plant that like it cool.
Next time florite! Even if I have to pay double for retail/shipping.

Basically, the instructions don't tell you to cover the mix of gravel and
initial sticks with plain gravel, and that's the problem.  We did this the
first time and it was a disaster.  Algae everywhere.  Then, I found the
APD, along with the advice to cover the mix with a layer of plain
gravel.  Problem solved.

Hope this helps.

Wade Shimoda

-------

Rolando R. Gomez
<http://home.kscable.com/shadoe/index.html>
shadoe at kscable_com
ICQ#: 11947788
         It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
         By the beans of java, my thoughts acquire speed
         The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning
         It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion