re: lights

Wayne sez:
>> The biggest drawback of the high efficiency system is that you cannot
easily
>>  buy wide spectrum lamps for a high efficiency system. I mix three 850s
with
>>  three 841s and it seems to help but I am not sure how well it compares
to a
>>  wide spectrum lamp. OTOH many people seem to have equally good >>success
with
>>  triphosphor lamps although I believe this is probably just due to the
fact
>>  that the high efficiency system simply puts more light in a tank rather
>>than
>>  that the spectrum of these lamps is particularily suitable for growing
>>  plants.

bob wrote

>Have you considered using 950's instead of 850's to approximate the Chroma
>50's?

I have considered it and just for fun I should try them. They cost 3 times
as much though, and must be ordered so they would have to be a lot better to
justify the cost. OTOH they are still cheaper than specialty aquarium lamps.
Has anyone tried these lamps and if so what do you think?

Wayne