Re: 96w compact fluorescents

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Todd wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  So how many and what kelvin would you use for a
> water depth of about 18"?  2,3 or 4, and 5500k, or 6700k?

For *me* it would depend on the size of the tank.  (I read my e-mail
"stateless" these days, so I don't know the context unless it's quoted.)
For something between 20 and 55 gallons, I'd shoot for 2-4 watts per
gallon irregardless of depth.  For smaller tanks than this, more.  For
larger tanks, less.  Seems counter-intuitive, but there you go.  See
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Tech/Lighting/ for more details about it.

Color temp? Eh, both have worked great.  So have 4100K home depot T-8
tubes.  I don't think it matters.  Get what you like looking at.

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com