Re: power compacts, blue and white

I used a reef lighting system with two daylight bulbs and two
actinic blues for a few months.  The  plants seemed fine and
I got beautiful reds, even in plants that had been totally green
in other tanks.

However, after a few months it seemed to me that some of the
reds were turning to brown.  The rotala especially was dying.
I replaced the blues with daylights.  Things got a little greener,
but the plants seemed heathier.

I think the blue tends to stunt and even kill some freshwater
plants.

Thanks,
Rod