Re: Re: CO2 and science

Biplane10 at aol_com sez:
> Some people walked away
>  with the understanding that CO2 was not harmful in their tank (with the
>  implied suggestion that it did not need to be so closely monitored) with
the

>  net result that fish are are now dying. Someone even responded to one
post,
>  suggesting that it wasn't the CO2 in the tank,  but instead detergent or
>  something else that had gotten into the tank, that killed the fish.

I was the one that suggested that maybe the fish were killed by some other
contaminate, like soap.  In the same message, I said that I had personally
killed a fish by accidently overdosing CO2 from a yeast bottle.  I don't know
the exact mechanism of the fish's demise, but I gave first hand anecdotal
evidence that it is possible.  But the symptoms described by whoever asked
the original question more closely matched another accident I had with a bit
of detergent.

I think suggesting alternative causes that might be overlooked is a lot more
useful than engaging in highly technical intellectual theorizing (and I'm an
engineer, so I have an appreciation for detailed technical information, even
if I only partially understand it.)

So, I'm not sure what you are upset about???

regards,
bob