220 watts of light on a 120 gallon?

Hello all.
I am going to be setting up my 120 gallon for plants.  Ive tried to keep
plants before , yrs ago, didnt work out because I didnt do good research.
But this time I want my efforts to be successful.

Ok-  heres one question.   Would 220 watts of lighting (compact
flourescents-the phazer 1V )  be sufficent?  The tank is 48X24X24...  Im
worried about the height of the tank.  Should I go with more watts?
Any comments welcome.

Also-  I am going to be utilizing DIY co2 for the tank as well.   How do I
know how many bubbles is good?  I heard that you can buy bubble counters from
brewery shops.  Cheap too.  Has anyone used these before and would you
recommend them?  They sell ones in pet warehouse in the mid twenty dollar
range so if I can buy one at a brewery for 2 bucks and it works, then why
not?

Thanks people  :)

Melissa