Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #39

In a message dated 1/19/00 4:02:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,

<< I have the good fortune of volunteering at the aquarium at the local
musuem.
 Recently, they have aquired a mangrove, and are planning on putting it in
 their brackish tank. They have asked me to dig up some information on the
 subject, and of course I am turning to the group in hopes to seek out
someone
 with experience.
 More importantly, we are looking to find out what this guy may need in terms
 of substrate, nutrients and lighting. Any information at all would be most
 appreciated.
 You may either post here, or email me directly. Thanks so much.

    I have a mangrove I keep in a freshwater tank. It is a Black Mangrove but
it grows well in freshwater along side two cypress trees. The aquarium is
lighted by a 175 watt MH pendant and is planted in sand with a small layer of
sandy clay under the sand. it was just an elongated seed when I received it.
Now it is about 24" tall and I am planning on toping it out soon.

      Moon