RE:Riccia

I've tried near everything with it. Gravel too, I have tried it many times.
Doesn't work. My experience tells me otherwise(non attaching) to
date....................

<snip>

Hi Tom.  I have come in on the back end of this, but I do have 2 years of
experience of keeping Raccia submerged.  You mentioned "Personal long term
experience does<g>!"

When I start to plant this stuff I will put some Fern Moss in it and roll
everything into small balls.  Then I tie these small balls of Riccia and
Fern Moss onto the drift wood or rock.

The end result is that the Fern Moss will hold the Raccia down with no
problem, and never let go, also the look is unique.  You will see mostly
Raccia but it will have these little fingers of Fern Moss sticking out in
places.  It actually has a cool light green/dark green look about it.

I have never in the two years seen my Raccia float off.
Hope this helps :o)

Dave Berryman