Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #35

In a message dated 1/17/00 4:00:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,

<< As for green water, I always add in more fast growing plants to get rid
it.  Once cleared, I'll take out those plants.  This might takes about a week
but always work for me for the outdoor tank >>

Joo,

Let me see if I got this straight...

After looking at your excellent website I am under the impression that you
have an aquarium outside, getting indirect or even some direct tropical
sunlight and you're able to control any algae outbreaks just by temporarily
increasing the plant load?

What water temperatures are reached in your set-up, if you don't mind my
asking?

I live in a somewhat similar climate in Florida, USA and while I've been
tempted with such an idea at times-  my best guess is that if I attempted
such a project I'd end up with pea soup and little else.

Now growing aquarium plants in an outdoor pond which receives some direct
sunlight is an idea with much merit and one which I intend to implement soon.

Best Regards,

BobO.