Re: lace plant

<< Sheep manure, from the hardware store. An inch below 4" of sand.

Unlikely, then, that an anaerobic substrate was the cause of the rotting.

By the responses I've gotten, I think I know where I went wrong. First of
all, the tank is approximately 78 degrees, a bit too warm. This apparently
did not hinder it too much when I first planted it, as I found when I
uprooted it about 2 months later (because it was too large, and didn't fit in
the corner I had confined it to) it was quite well rooted and healthy.
However, the temperature not being ideal, and being moved that second time
before even become acclimated was too much.

I still have a partial bulb left. I'm assuming there is still hope where
there is bulb.

Thanks everyone, for your responses.

Sylvia