Re: Kh/Ph/Th

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Neil Travis wrote:

> it puzzles me why in the latest messages only KH is mentioned and no mention
> at all of Gh or even total hardness.

GH almost certainly increased along with KH.  Total hardness by most
definitions is the same thing as GH.  GH isn't directly related to CO2 or
pH and there's no necessary relationship between GH and KH.  Hence there
wasn't much need for the original question to address GH.

> also I saw mention of increasing Co2 to lower Kh.
> I would have thought this would have more effect on pH than Kh.

You were right on that point.

Roger Miller