growing R. wallichii

>I saw very similar behavior in some Heteranthera zosterifolia (actually
>sold as Didiplis diandra) and lysimachia numularia that I bought last
>spring.  In both cases the plants grew briefly then stopped, existing
>leaves gradually fell off, roots failed to develop and the stems became
>stiff and twisted.

It ran out of nutrients.

I had some rotala indica in a tank that did ok for a year. I changed
something and it just exploded. You havn't made it happy yet...

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719