RE: What is a membrane reactor for CO2?

  >Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:41:44 -0500 (EST)
  >From: wshimoda at alum_mit.edu
  >Subject: What is a membrane reactor for CO2?
  >
  >I found a 'membrane reactor, double' at pets.com listed under
  >their 'live plants supplies' section and was wondering if anyone
  >knew what it was, how it worked, how well it worked, etc.?
  >
  >Thanks,
  >Wade

That should be the one made by Aqua Medic which is to be used with their
chemical CO2 reactor the Ceomat.  The Ceomat is a relatively low pressured
CO2 system, I doubt that if the membrane reactor is suitable to be used with
other high pressured CO2 systems.  We used to sell those membrane reactors
in the past.  They consist of a few whitish membrane and no microbubbles
could be seen on its reactive side (as told by Ceomat users).  The
instruction claims that CO2 reacts w/ H2O behind the membrane, etc.

Edward
Monolith Marine Monsters
http://www.marine-monsters.com/fresh.html