Re: Jobe's Plant spikes

Bob,

I use 13-4-5 Jobes and have have very good success with them. When they say
that only fern and palm are good, they mean if you have an abundance of
phosphate and you want to limit it, only p/f spikes are suitable--it is
generally accepted that phosphorus abundance tend to favor algae as opposed
to plants.

I would suggest you start with only a few and watch your plants. Increase it
accordingly. Light level, co2, and plant density and plant types are a
better indications of how much fertilization you need than tank size.

Smiles,
Toan